- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) uncooked leek(s), chopped
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 pound(s) button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cup(s) fat free chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 3/4 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add leeks, celery and garlic; sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté until they release juice, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
Add broth to pan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and puree soup in saucepan using an immersion blender. Or puree soup in batches in a blender until smooth (be careful not to splatter the hot liquid) and then return to saucepan.
Add milk to pan and simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.