Creamsicle Yogurt Panna Cotta by Daphne Oz
4 spray(s), coconut oil-variety suggested (optional)
1% low-fat milk
10 Tbsp, 1%, divided
½ item(s), split and scraped or 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
Fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup(s), naturally sweetened (such as Oikos brand)
1 medium, zested and segments supremed for garnish
Fresh orange juice
½ cup(s), from 4 to 5 mandarin oranges
- Grease four 4-ounce ramekins with cooking spray if you plan to unmold panna cotta from ramekin. If you plan to serve in the ramekin, no cooking spray is needed. Place 2 tablespoons of cold milk in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Allow the gelatin to dissolve for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining ½ cup milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering, do not boil! Add the scraped vanilla bean seeds and vanilla pod and stir to combine. Once the gelatin has finished dissolving, add the gelatin mixture to the hot milk and stir gently until melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt, mandarin orange zest and juice. While whisking, slowly add the hot milk mixture, discarding the vanilla bean pod.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins. Cover the ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least four hours and up to overnight until set.
- When ready to serve, if you are unmolding the panna cottas, dip each ramekin in a bowl of hot water for 30 seconds. Then carefully run a paring knife around the edge of the ramekin and carefully flip the panna cotta out onto a plate.
- Garnish the panna cotta with the mandarin orange segments.
- Serving size: 1 panna cotta