Cornmeal-crusted fish fingers
uncooked tilapia fillet(s)
1 pound(s), or catfish fillets
¼ cup(s), or all-purpose flour
¼ cup(s), (low-fat)
Plain fat free yogurt
sweet pickle relish
3 Tbsp, drained
2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
1 Tbsp, minced
¼ tsp, grated
fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut fish fillets lengthwise into 3/4-inch-wide strips, then cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths (you should have about 20 fingers). Spread cornstarch on sheet of wax paper. Beat egg in small bowl. Mix together cornmeal, salt, and cayenne on separate sheet of wax paper.
- Dredge fish fingers in cornstarch, tapping off excess, then dip into egg, allowing excess to drip off. Coat fish with cornmeal mixture, pressing lightly so it adheres; arrange on prepared baking sheet. LIghtly spray with nonstick spray.
- Depending on air fryer settings, preheat 6- to 8-quart air fryer to 390°F or 400°F for 3 minutes. Spray fryer basket with nonstick spray and add 10 fish fingers to basket. Air fry 5 minutes. Turn fish over. Air fry until golden brown and firm to touch, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer fish to wire rack and keep warm in oven. Air fry remaining 10 fish fingers.
- Meanwhile, to make tartar sauce, combine all tartar sauce ingredients in serving bowl until mixed well. Thin with water, if needed. (Makes about 3/4 cup.) Serve with fish fingers.
- Per serving: 5 fish fingers and 3 tablespoons tartar sauce.