Coffee-Chili Rubbed Flank Steak with Peppers and Onions
1 Tbsp, powder
Unpacked brown sugar
Uncooked lean flank steak
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 item(s), medium, red, yellow, or orange, seeded, cut in rings
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- Stir together chili powder, espresso powder, salt, sugar, dry mustard, coriander, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne in a small bowl; season both sides of steak with half of spice mixture.
- Place pepper rings and onion slices in a large bowl; coat lightly with cooking spray and toss with remaining spice mixture.
- Off heat, coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill steak and vegetables, flipping once, until steak registers 145°F (for medium rare or longer to desired degree of doneness) and peppers and onions are tender, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Slice steak against grain; serve drizzled with juices from cutting board, grilled vegetables and a squirt of fresh lime juice.
- Serving Size: 3 oz steak, 1/2 cup vegetables