Coconut shrimp with mango dipping sauce
1 item(s), pitted, peeled, and cubed
fresh lime juice
1 tsp, grated peeled fresh
fresh mint leaves
1½ Tbsp, chopped
1 medium, or red Fresno, seeded and minced
18 large, extra-large size (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined, tail shells intact
3 Tbsp, or all-purpose flour
unsweetened coconut flakes
- For dipping sauce, cut up half of mango. Combine with lime juice, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in blender and process until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Dice remaining mango. Add to puree along with mint, Fresno pepper, and enough water to make saucy.
- Spread cornstarch on sheet of wax paper. Beat eggs in large shallow bowl. Mix together coconut, panko, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt on separate sheet of wax paper.
- Dredge shrimp in cornstarch, shaking off excess, then dip into egg, allowing excess to drip off. Press shrimp into coconutmixture until evenly coated on both sides. Place on wire rack set over baking sheet. Spray shrimp all over with nonstick spray.
- Depending on air fryer settings, preheat 6- to 8-quart air fryer to 390°F or 400°F for 3 minutes. Lightly spray fryer basket with nonstick spray. Arrange 9 shrimp in single layer in basket. Air fry until shrimp are golden and crispy, 5–6 minutes. Transfer to plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat to fry remaining shrimp. Serve with mango sauce and lime wedges.
- Per serving: 3 shrimp and 2 1/2 tablespoons mango sauce.