- 2 large uncooked potato(es), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, diced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, or beef broth
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and add sour cream and margarine; mash until smooth, season to taste with salt and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Add flour, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper; stir to coat. Add broth and bring to a simmer; simmer until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
Transfer turkey mixture to a 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate. Spread mashed potatoes over top and using the back of a spoon, make decorative swirls over the top. Bake until potatoes are golden, about 30 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.