- 18 1/4 oz unprepared white cake mix
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) dry chocolate pudding mix prepared with 2% milk
- 1/2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 48 mini muffin cups with paper liners.
To make cupcakes, beat together cake mix, water, applesauce and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more. Spoon batter into lined cupcake cups.
Bake cupcakes for 5 minutes. Drop a teaspoon of pudding into the center of each cupcake. Bake for 13 minutes more and cool for at least 30 minutes.
To make icing, create a double boiler: Boil water in a small saucepan and then reduce heat to simmer. Put chocolate chips in a small metal bowl and set bowl over simmering water; stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese; blend until smooth.
Top each cooled cupcake with 1 teaspoon of icing. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.