Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Cookies by Millie Peartree
If you prefer a less chewy oat texture, you can substitute with 1 cup of quick oats.
Mashed fresh banana
Uncooked rolled oats
Semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the mashed banana, oats, and vanilla to a large bowl. Stir with a spatula until evenly mixed and all the oats are coated in the mashed banana mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed. (The dough will be very wet and loose. This is normal.)
- Use a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough. Release cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing the dough balls about 1 ½ inches apart. Use the palm of your hand to press down on each cookie dough ball so that it forms a thick round disk. (You may need to shape the sides of the cookies with your hands. The cookies will not spread during baking so you want to shape the cookies to how you want the final product to be.)
- Bake until the oats are golden and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
Bronx Chef Millie Peartree started cooking at a very young age, inspired by her mother and her time growing up in the southern United States. Millie is well-known for her famous restaurant but she is also a successful baker and caterer.