Chicken with broccoli rabe and white beans
1½ Tbsp, or gluten-free flour
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
12 oz, cut in large chunks
2 tsp, extra-virgin
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
Crushed red pepper flakes
8 oz, or broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
Canned cannellini beans
15 oz, rinsed and drained
Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp, or to taste
½ tsp, or to taste
⅛ tsp, or to taste
- On a plate, combine, flour, salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Add broth, garlic and red pepper flakes to same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add broccoli or broccoli rabe; cover and cook over medium-high heat until broccoli or broccoli rabe is almost crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in beans; cover and cook over medium-high heat until broccoli or broccoli rabe is tender about 2 minutes. Uncover and mash some beans to thicken sauce slightly.
- Stir in chicken; cook until heated through and then season to taste with fresh lemon juice, zest and/or salt, if desired. Yields about 1 cup per serving.