Chicken tacos with pineapple slaw
2 medium, seeded and sliced
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ large, sliced
1 cup(s), chopped fresh
3 medium clove(s), finely chopped
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tsp, or pineapple juice
1 tsp, or to taste
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
Uncooked red cabbage
1½ cup(s), lightly packed very thinly sliced
1 cup(s), small size, diced or chopped fresh
2 small, thinly sliced
8 medium, warmed
1 item(s), small size, cut into 4 wedges
- Stir together poblanos, onion, 1/2 cup cilantro, and garlic in 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Mix together chili powder, adobo sauce, orange juice, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in cup. Rub over chicken breasts. Place chicken on top of poblano mixture and spoon poblano mixture over chicken. Cover and cook until chicken is fork-tender, about 2 1/2 hours on High.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. With two forks, shred chicken; return to slow cooker.
- To make slaw, toss together cabbage, pineapple, remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, scallions, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl.
- Lay tortillas on work surface. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup slaw. Serve with lime wedges.
- Per serving: 2 tacos