Chicken with orange and basil gremolata
1 large, navel variety, zested in strips
Fresh orange juice
Fresh lemon juice
½ cup(s), thinly sliced fresh
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
2 small clove(s), finely minced
2 item(s), (1-inch pieces), broken in half
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
30 oz, 6 (5-ounce) thighs
1 tsp, grated
- 1 Combine orange zest strips and juice, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sliced basil, 1 garlic clove, the cinnamon, and cayenne in large zip-close plastic bag; add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- 2 Meanwhile, spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- 3 Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Place chicken on grill rack and grill, turning often, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 4 To make gremolata, stir together remaining 1 garlic clove, remaining 1/4 cup chopped basil, and the grated orange zest in small bowl. Transfer chicken to platter and sprinkle with gremolata.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh