Chicken bahn mi sandwiches
- Total Time
If you have time, double up on the pickled vegetables in this recipe. They add great flavor and crunch to any sandwich, or enjoy them with a meal as a fresh and crunchy side dish.
soy sauce2 Tbsp
fresh lime juice1 Tbsp
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), minced
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast1 pound(s), cutlets
rice vinegar¼ cup(s), unseasoned
table salt⅛ tsp
uncooked onion(s)½ cup(s), chopped, sweet, thinly sliced
uncooked carrot(s)1 small, coarsely shredded
cooking spray1 spray(s)
light mayonnaise¼ cup(s)
Sriracha hot sauce2 tsp
bread8 oz, 4 (3-oz) sandwich rolls, split and centers removed
English cucumber(s)½ medium, thinly sliced
cilantro¼ cup(s), fresh leaves
- 1 Combine soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic in large zip-close plastic bag; add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- 2 Meanwhile, to make pickled vegetables, stir together vinegar, sugar, and salt in small bowl. Add onion and carrot and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- 3 Spray large ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Add chicken to pan and cook, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Thinly slice chicken.
- 4 Stir together mayonnaise and Sriracha in small bowl. Remove soft centers from rolls and discard, or save for bread crumbs. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on cut side of each roll.
- 5 Drain pickled vegetables. Fill rolls evenly with chicken, cucumber, pickled vegetables, and cilantro. (Alternatively, use a 12-ounce roll and cut sandwich into 4 equal portions.)
- Serving size: 1 sandwich