Chewy marshmallow-peanut popcorn bars
SmartPoints® value per serving
These sweet, salty, and peanut buttery treats make a great after school treat or make-and-take dessert for any causal get-together! Here, old-fashioned popcorn balls get reimagined into bars simplifying the prep and eliminating the need to quickly shape the warm mixture into balls. They’re also less messy because you can use a spatula to press them in the pan. The addition of oat bran adds extra crunch giving this nostalgic recipe a grown-up twist, yet it still has massive kid appeal. You can enjoy these immediately or cover and store them at room temperature up to a day or two ahead of time.
94% fat free microwave kettle corn
Cooked oat bran
Powdered peanut butter
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook popcorn according to package instructions. Pour into a large bowl and spray with cooking spray.
- Toss with peanut butter powder to coat.
- Stir in Cereal.
- Place mini marshmallows in a small glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until melted.
- Stir into popcorn and cereal mixture until coated.
- Press popcorn mixture into prepared baking pan using a spatula. Let set before cutting into squares.
Serving size: 1 bar