Chef Eric Greenspan's bowl of goodness
uncooked kabocha squash
½ average, with skin on
1 item(s), medium
1 cup(s), red variety
fresh baby spinach
½ head(s), cut into florets
extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp, divided
sriracha chili sauce
- Preaheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove seeds from squash; rub inside of squash with 1 Tbsp oil and season with salt. Place on a baking tray, skin side up; bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool and then slice into thick wedges.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss broccoli with 1 tsp oil until well-coated; season with salt. Place in a single layer on a baking tray; bake until cooked through and slightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil to a medium skillet over high heat; saute spinach with roasted broccoli until spinach wilts, 5-7 minutes. Add squash and quinoa; gently warm through, being careful not to break up squash. Gently spoon into a large serving bowl.
- Dice avocado; sprinkle over warm vegetables. Drizzle with sriracha and hoisin sauce. Serve.
- Serving size: about 1 1/2 cups