Cheesy chicken enchiladas with green sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
Fat free salsa
1½ cup(s), verde variety, medium or hot
Part-skim ricotta cheese
Reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup(s), fresh, coarsely chopped
- Place the chicken in a large deep skillet. Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Put the salsa in a large shallow bowl or pie plate. Dip both sides of 1 tortilla in the salsa. Top the tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the shredded chicken, 1 tablespoon of the ricotta, and 1/2 tablespoon of the Monterey Jack. Fold two opposite sides of the tortilla over to enclose the filling. Place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Repeat.
- Pour any remaining salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle evenly with the remaining Monterey Jack. Cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner. Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Serving size: 2 enchiladas