Cheese and Herb Stuffed Zucchini with Arugula Salad
fat free cottage cheese
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
fresh mint leaves
¼ cup(s), chopped
red pepper flakes
1 item(s), zest finely grated
3½ cup(s), baby variety, loosely packed
fresh cherry tomato(es)
3 cup(s), mixed-color, halved
uncooked red onion(s)
½ medium, thinly sliced
extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut 4 zucchini in half lengthwise and, using melon baller, scrape away and discard flesh, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges. Sprinkle zucchini shells with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Lightly spray zucchini with olive oil nonstick spray.
- Coarsely shred remaining zucchini and place in medium bowl. Add cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons basil, 2 tablespoons mint, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest and stir to mix well. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until zucchini are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place zucchini shells under broiler and broil 5 inches from heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss together arugula, tomatoes, onion, vinegar, oil, remaining 2 tablespoons basil, remaining 2 tablespoons mint, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Serve zucchini with salad.
- Per serving (2 stuffed zucchini halves and 1 cup salad)