Cat Cora’s pressure cooker stewed Chicken Kapama
Dry medium grain brown rice
Canned chicken broth
2½ cup(s), divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
2 large, roughly chopped
3 medium clove(s), minced
Canned diced tomatoes
Canned tomato paste
2 medium clove(s), left whole
- Cook rice according to package directions, replacing 2 cups cooking water with 2 cups broth.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Turn pressure cooker to sauté function; heat oil. When hot, brown chicken on all sides, about 5 -7 minutes (brown in batches, if necessary). Remove from cooker; set aside.
- Add onions and minced garlic to cooker; sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth; scrape browned bits from bottom to deglaze cooker.
- Stir in water, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and whole garlic cloves. Add chicken and its juices to cooker; stir, cover and close pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is finished, let sit for 5 minutes and then release the pressure with the manual valve. Pour into a serving dish; shred chicken with two forks in sauce. Serve over rice.
- Seving size: 1 c chicken mixture and 1/2 c rice