Cat Cora’s Greek egg scramble with “tomato raisins”
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
Olive oil cooking spray
10 large egg(s)
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Fresh baby spinach
Crumbled feta cheese
- To make tomato raisins, preheat oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; coat with cooking spray and toss with salt. Roast until soft and wrinkly, shaking pan halfway through cooking to turn tomatoes, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool. (If you’re not using the tomatoes right away, transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate. Serve chilled or let them come to room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.)
- Place eggs, yogurt, dill, and pepper in a large bowl; whisk until eggs are broken up and mixture is thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. When hot, add spinach (in batches, if necessary); cook, turning constantly with a rubber spatula, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and tomato raisins to egg mixture; stir to coat.
- Off heat, coat same skillet with more cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add spinach-egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are your desired degree of doneness, 3-5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with feta; season to taste (optional).
- Serving size: 1 c plus 1 ½ Tbsp feta