Cat Cora’s artichoke spread on rye bread with an egg and shaved parmesan
Canned artichoke hearts without oil
1 cup(s), drained but 1 Tbsp liquid reserved
Fresh lemon juice
1½ Tbsp, (or to taste)
4 slice(s), toasted
½ cup(s), baby variety
Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Place artichokes, reserved artichoke liquid, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor; blend until spreadable and set aside.
- You can either poach or fry the eggs. To poach eggs, add 1 inch of water to a large skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; crack eggs, one at a time, into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low and poach egg 3 minutes in simmering water; remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Or to fry eggs, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-low heat. When hot, crack eggs into pan, one at a time; season with salt and pepper (optional). Cook until edges are slightly brown, and yolk is desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes.
- While eggs cook, toast bread.
- Spread 2 Tbsp artichoke mixture over each piece of toast (you will have extra spread). Top each with some arugula, an egg and 1 Tbsp Parmesan; season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Serving size: 1 open-face sandwich