- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 16 oz uncooked crayfish, or 1 pound, tails only
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pepper, onion, celery and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add crayfish, cayenne pepper or Cajun seasoning, salt and black pepper; stir to coat. Cook until crayfish are bright pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in scallions and parsley. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- If you cannot find crayfish - also known as crawfish - you can substitute large, peeled, deveined shrimp in their place.