Cajun-broiled shrimp by Chef Millie Peartree
2 pound(s), frozen, peeled, deveined, with tails (16/20 shrimp per lb suggested)
Sriracha hot sauce
2 Tbsp, or your favorite hot sauce
Old Bay seasoning
2 Tbsp, chopped
- Place an oven rack about 6-inches from broiler and place a rimmed baking sheet on rack. Set oven to broil.
- Rinse shrimp under cold water to remove ice crystals and to help separate any shrimp that are frozen together (the shrimp will not be fully defrosted and that’s okay). Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder. Add shrimp to bowl and toss to combine.
- Remove pan from oven and using tongs, arrange shrimp in a single layer making sure they’re evenly spaced apart. Brush shrimp with any remaining spice mixture left in bowl. Return pan to oven and broil shrimp until cooked through and opaque, flipping once, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place shrimp on a serving platter, drizzle with fresh lemon juice, and garnish with parsley.
- Serving size: about 6 oz shrimp