- 4 cup(s) fat free vegetable broth
- 12 oz uncooked butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch cubes*
- 1/2 large uncooked vidalia onion(s), cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 small fresh apple(s), peeled and cut into to 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, or to taste
In a large stock pot, combine broth, squash, onion and apple; cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover pot and reduce heat to low; gently simmer until squash is very tender, about 10 minutes.
Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in a regular blender in batches, careful not to splatter hot liquid). Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg; serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- *You can purchase already peeled and cubed squash in the produce section of some supermarkets. You can also swap frozen, cubed squash for the fresh.Garnish with chopped mint.