Buttermilk-marinated oven-fried chicken
Uncooked skinless chicken breast with bone
24 oz, (4 7-ounce breasts, skinned)
Grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp, crushed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray foil with nonstick spray.
- 2 Combine buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large zip-close plastic bag; add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- 3 Mix together panko, Parmesan, paprika, sage, rosemary, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in shallow dish.
- 4 Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Coat chicken, one piece at a time, in bread-crumb mixture. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and lightly spray chicken with olive oil spray. Return chicken to oven and bake until cooked through and crumbs are golden, about 15 minutes longer.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast