Brown sugar–brined chicken
4 cup(s), cold
Packed light brown sugar
Raw skinless boneless light and dark meat chicken
1¾ pound(s), (1 whole cut-up chicken, about 3 1/2-pounds)
1 small, thinly sliced
4 medium clove(s), chopped
2 tsp, whole
- 1 Combine water, brown sugar, and salt in large bowl; whisk until salt and sugar dissolve.
- 2 Place chicken, onion, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns in large heavy-duty zip-close plastic bag. Add water mixture. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Place bag inside large bowl. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 12 hours. Remove chicken from brining solution and pat dry. Discard brining solution.
- 3 Spray ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat.
- 4 Place chicken in pan and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 30–35 minutes. Remove skin before eating.
- Serving size: 1/6 of chicken