Broiled Grapefruit with Mango-Honey Glaze
- 3 Tbsp nectar (any type), mango
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger, or to taste
- 2 small grapefruit(s), pink, halved horizontally
- Stir together nectar, honey and ginger.
- With a serrated knife, loosen inside of grapefruit rinds. Cut along membranes to loosen segments and discard any seeds.
- Place grapefruit on broiler rack, 4 inches from flame. Brush surfaces with honey mixture. Broil grapefruit until tops begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove immediately. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired. Yields ½ grapefruit per serving.
Choose pink or red grapefruits over white, for a significant beta-carotene boost. Add some mint for garnish.