Broccoli and parmesan souffle
1 pound(s), florets, finely chopped
1 medium clove(s), minced
Reduced-fat sour cream
Grated Parmesan cheese
⅔ cup(s), high-quality suggested
3 large, separated
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil; cook broccoli for 4 minutes. Immediately remove broccoli from pot and plunge in a bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking; when cool, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine flour, milk and garlic; set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, pepper and egg yolks; cook until thick, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in broccoli; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat all six egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into broccoli mixture, a little at a time, until combined.
- Immediately spoon broccoli mixture into prepared dish and bake until eggs are set, about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve immediately. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.