- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 medium fresh apple(s), Granny Smith, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 2 leaf/leaves bay leaf
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), mincedSpice Mix
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly groundRemaining Ingredients
- 2 fl oz red wine, dry-variety
- 3 Tbsp mango chutney
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat milk
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, cook meat until no longer pink, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain meat; set aside.
In same skillet (do not wipe out pan), over medium-low heat, combine onion, apple, carrot, raisins and bay leaves; cook, stirring frequently until soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and spice mix; cook for 2 minutes.
Stir meat into vegetable mixture; pour in wine and scrape bottom and sides of pan with a spoon to loosen any stuck pieces of food. Simmer mixture for 5 minutes; remove from heat. Remove bay leaves; stir in chutney. Spoon meat mixture into prepared pan.
In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk together eggs and milk; pour over meat mixture, tilting pan to evenly cover top. Bake until egg layer is set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into 8 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.