BLT-and-egg breakfast salad
2 slice(s), cut into bite-size pieces
Uncooked reduced fat center cut bacon
4 slice(s), chopped
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), halved
Apple cider vinegar
4 tsp, divided
6 cup(s), baby variety
¼ tsp, or to taste
⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a small baking sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray. Toss well and coat with cooking spray again; broil until crisp and browned, about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute (or toast in a high heat oven If you prefer).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings in pan. Return pan to medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook until tomatoes begin to brown and soften, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add vinegar, water and 2 tsp oil to pan; cook until bubbly, 30 seconds. Pour mixture into a heat proof bowl; set aside.
- Without cleaning, return same pan to medium heat; add remaining 2 tsp oil. Carefully crack eggs into pan; cook until desired degree of doneness.
- To serve, toss kale with reserved tomato mixture; divide among 4 shallow bowls (about 1 1/2 c in each bowl). Top each bowl with 1 egg, 1/4 c croutons and 1 rounded Tbsp bacon; sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional).
- Serving size: 1 salad