BLT & egg breakfast salad
2 slice(s), cut into bite-size pieces
Uncooked center cut bacon
4 slice(s), chopped
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), halved
Apple cider vinegar
4 tsp, divided
4 large egg(s)
6 cup(s), baby variety
¼ tsp, plus more for sprinkling
⅛ tsp, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat broiler to high.
- On a small baking sheet, arrange bread cubes in a single layer; lightly coat with nonstick spray. Toss well and coat with nonstick spray again; broil, stirring after 1 minute, until crisp and browned, about 2 minutes.
- Warm a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, then cook, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate; leave drippings in pan.
- To same skillet, add tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to brown and soften, about 3 minutes. Add vinegar, 2 tsp oil, and 1 tbsp water; cook until bubbly, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning, return same skillet to medium heat; add remaining 2 tsp oil. Into pan, carefully crack eggs; cook to desired degree of doneness, 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, toss kale with reserved tomato mixture; divide among 4 shallow bowls (about 11⁄2 cups in each bowl). Top each with 1 egg, 1⁄4 cup croutons, and 1 rounded tbsp bacon; sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serving size: 1 salad