Black Bean Salsa with Chili-Baked Chips
- 19 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes, fire-roasted, drained
- 2 medium fresh tomato(es), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 8 medium fat free flour tortilla(s)
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray, or enough to coat tortillas
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and salt; set aside. (Note: If you cannot find fire-roasted tomatoes, substitute any type of canned crushed tomatoes, with or without additional flavors.)
- Slice tortillas into 8 triangles each. Place on 2 nonstick baking sheets and lightly coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with chili powder. Bake until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. Yields 8 chips and about 1/2 cup of salsa per serving.