Black Bean Brownies
- Total Time
Black beans add fiber and moisture to this lightened up treat. They're rich and delicious, full of chocolaty goodness.
cooking spray2 spray(s), flour-variety recommended
canned black beans½ cup(s), rinsed and drained
black coffee¼ cup(s), strong
unsalted butter½ cup(s)
bittersweet chocolate4 oz
sugar1 ¼ cup(s)
vanilla extract1 tsp
table salt⅛ tsp
all-purpose flour1 cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch pan with cooking spray; line with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a blender or mini food processor, process beans with coffee until smooth; set aside.
- In a double boiler over very low heat, melt butter and chocolate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low speed, add melted chocolate to eggs; incorporate well. Add black bean mixture, vanilla and salt; mix well. Add flour; combine thoroughly on low speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in center of brownies comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, remove brownies from pan by pulling up on foil and placing brownies on cooling rack to cool more. Cut into 24 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.