Don’t use packaged beets for this recipe - the puree gets a little too runny.
- 4 medium uncooked beets, scrubbed (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch table salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 1 head(s), large endive, or 16 leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, dill, and/or scallion for garnish, chopped
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Wrap each beet in foil; roast on a sheet pan until fork tender, 20-30 minutes. Let cool; use foil to help rub skin off beets. Puree beets in food processor with vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, spoon 1 Tbsp beet puree on each endive leaf; garnish with tarragon, dill and/or scallions, and fresh cracked black pepper.
Serving size: 2 endive