Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Total Time
This recipe was originally created by Blue Apron and had been modified and reprinted for WW with permission.
uncooked carrot(s)3 medium, peeled
uncooked bok choy10 oz, baby variety (2 heads)
uncooked broccoli½ pound(s)
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s)
rice vinegar1 Tbsp
unpacked light brown sugar1 Tbsp
sesame oil1 Tbsp
Worcestershire sauce2 Tbsp
sambal oelek1 Tbsp, or to taste
table salt1 pinch, or to taste
black pepper1 pinch, or to taste
uncooked lean trimmed beef eye round10 oz, thinly sliced
white all-purpose flour¼ cup(s)
extra virgin olive oil1 tsp
- Heat pot of water to boiling. Halve carrots lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Cut off and discard root end of bok choy; roughly chop, separating white stems and green leaves. Cut broccoli into small florets. Peel and finely chop garlic; using flat of knife, smash into paste. In a bowl, combine next five ingredients with garlic paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat beef dry; place in bowl, top with flour, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. In nonstick pan, heat olive oil on medium-high. Add beef; cook without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Continue to cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until browned and just cooked through. Leaving any browned bits in pan, transfer to plate.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli to pot of boiling water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green and tender. Drain.
- Add carrots and bok choy stems to pan. Cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly softened. Add garlic sauce. Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until veggies are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add beef, broccoli, and chopped bok choy leaves to pan. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until coated and heated through.
- Makes 2 servings. Each serving is half the recipe.