Beef satay over pilaf
Uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
1 pound(s), trimmed and thinly sliced
Low sodium soy sauce
Smooth reduced fat peanut butter
1 piece(s), about 1 1/2 inches, chopped
3 medium clove(s), chopped
Fresh lime juice
Fat free chicken broth
Unprepared rice pilaf mix
½ cup(s), very thinly sliced
1 small, very thinly sliced
- Thread beef onto 4 wooden skewers and set them in a shallow, nonmetallic dish.
- Blend soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, sugar and lime juice until ginger and garlic are minced. Pour over beef, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare coals for grill.
- Make pilaf according to package directions. Meanwhile, grill skewers, reserving marinade.
- Combine marinade and chicken broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- To serve, spoon pilaf onto a platter and set skewers on top. Garnish with cucumber and carrot. Serve marinade sauce separately.