Beef Satay Over Pilaf
- Total Time
If you can't find beef sirloin for this dish, choose another lean cut of meat such as flank, London broil, or tenderloin
uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef1 pound(s), trimmed and thinly sliced
low sodium soy sauce⅓ cup(s)
smooth reduced fat peanut butter2 Tbsp
ginger root1 piece(s), about 1 1/2 inches, chopped
garlic clove(s)3 clove(s), medium, chopped
fresh lime juice3 Tbsp
fat free chicken broth1 cup(s)
unprepared rice pilaf mix5 ½ oz
cucumber(s)½ cup(s), very thinly sliced
uncooked carrot(s)1 small, very thinly sliced
- Thread beef onto 4 wooden skewers and set them in a shallow, nonmetallic dish.
- Blend soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, sugar and lime juice until ginger and garlic are minced. Pour over beef, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare coals for grill.
- Make pilaf according to package directions. Meanwhile, grill skewers, reserving marinade.
- Combine marinade and chicken broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- To serve, spoon pilaf onto a platter and set skewers on top. Garnish with cucumber and carrot. Serve marinade sauce separately.