Bûche de noël
6 large, separated
Unsweetened orange juice
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
½ cup(s), seedless raspberry
Heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line jelly-roll pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray.
- In bowl with mixer on medium-high speed, beat 6 yolks until thick, 3 minutes. Combine with flour on low speed.
- In another bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat whites until frothy. Beat in 1/3 cup white sugar, a tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy. Stir in extract, zest and juice.
- Fold egg white mixture into yolks, one third at a time. Spread in prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, 12 minutes, or until cake springs back in middle when lightly touched. Dust with powdered sugar; invert cake on towel; peel off paper. Roll from long side in tea towel.
- For filling, in bowl with mixer on medium speed, cream Neufchãtel until smooth. Add jam, beating until combined. In another bowl with mixer on medium-high, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into raspberry mixture, one third at a time. Unroll cake, spread with raspberry mixture and re-roll. Place parchment on baking sheet and move filled cake to sheet, seam-side down. Cut triangular piece off one end of roll. Position piece against cake to form tree branch.
- For topping, heat oven to 425°F. In small bowl whisk 1/2 cup white sugar and cornstarch. In bowl with mixer on medium beat whites until frothy. Add sugar mixture 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff and glossy. Cover cake with meringue, dust with powdered sugar. Bake until edges of meringue begin to lightly brown, 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature.