- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground chicken breast
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium green pepper(s), seeded and chopped
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 31 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 1/2 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 12 oz chili sauce
- 4 1/2 oz canned green chili peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) chili powder
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
Place the chicken, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a slow cooker; stir with a fork to blend. Add the kidney and pinto beans, tomatoes, chili sauce, green chiles, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, brown sugar, and cumin; mix well. Cover and cook until the flavors are blended and the chili thickens slightly, 4–5 hours on high or 8–10 hours on low. Yields 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Dark-colored seasonings, such as molasses, brown sugar, and chili powder, compensate for the lack of browning of the meat before simmering.