Banh Mi-Style Turkey Burger
Packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
¼ cup(s), julienned or sliced super thin
Fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp, or to taste
Uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
2 Tbsp, fresh, finely chopped
Less sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp, grated or finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
1 tsp, sweet variety
Light English muffin
4 item(s), toasted
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, combine slaw mix, cucumber, lime juice and salt; toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and garlic; divide mixture into four balls and then gently press each one into a 4-inch patty.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chili sauce.
- Grill or broil patties until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165°F, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Spread half of each English muffin with 1 1/4 teaspoon chili-mayonnaise; top with a burger, a scant 1/3 cup slaw mixture and a muffin top. Yields 1 burger per serving.