These bite-size treats are the perfect solution for a chocolate craving. Freeze extra muffins, then thaw and reheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 1 cup(s) light artificially sweetened vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked quick oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 1 large banana(s), mashed
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) unpacked brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) mini chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 36 mini muffin holes with cooking spray (use three 12-hole pans).
In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, milk, oats, vanilla extract and egg; set aside 5 minutes for oats to soften and then stir in banana.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture to moisten ingredients (do not beat - the dough will be very thick). Reserve 1 tablespoon chips; stir in remaining chips.
Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons into prepared muffin holes; sprinkle each with a few reserved chocolate chips. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 18 minutes. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
- Reserve a few oats to sprinkle on top of batter in pan just before baking if desired.