Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), crushed
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4-oz pieces
- 2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), small, halved
- 1/3 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.