Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
- Total Time
For a different flair, substitute dry white wine for the chicken broth, then sprinkle on a few spoonfuls of chopped sun-dried tomatoes with the mushrooms.
vegetable oil2 tsp
balsamic vinegar3 Tbsp
Dijon mustard2 tsp
garlic clove(s)1 clove(s), medium, crushed
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
fresh mushroom(s)2 cup(s), small, halved
canned chicken broth⅓ cup(s)
dried thyme¼ tsp, crumbled
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.