- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 medium uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), seeded and diced
- 4 1/2 oz canned green chili peppers, mild variety, chopped
- 1 cup(s) mixed greens, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 item(s) wonton wrapper(s), (3 1/2-inch square)
- 1/2 fl oz mixed-vegetable juice, or tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, about 3 drops
Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the chiles, salad greens, and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the salad greens are just wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese; cool slightly.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two 12-cup mini-muffin tins with nonstick spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper into each cup; lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove tins from oven. Leave oven on.
Remove wrappers from tins and transfer to a large baking sheet. Place 2 teaspoons of the vegetable mixture in the center of each wrapper. Spray lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, to prepare the sauce, combine vegetable juice, cilantro, scallions, and hot pepper sauce in small bowl. Serve with the wontons. Yields 2 wontons with 1 tablespoon dipping sauce per serving.