Baked Stuffed Wontons
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 medium uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), seeded and diced
- 4 1/2 oz canned green chili peppers, mild variety, chopped
- 1 cup(s) mixed greens, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 item(s) wonton wrapper(s), (3 1/2-inch square)
- 1/2 fl oz mixed-vegetable juice, or tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, about 3 drops
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the chiles, salad greens, and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the salad greens are just wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese; cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two 12-cup mini-muffin tins with nonstick spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper into each cup; lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove tins from oven. Leave oven on.
- Remove wrappers from tins and transfer to a large baking sheet. Place 2 teaspoons of the vegetable mixture in the center of each wrapper. Spray lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the sauce, combine vegetable juice, cilantro, scallions, and hot pepper sauce in small bowl. Serve with the wontons. Yields 2 wontons with 1 tablespoon dipping sauce per serving.