- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 pound(s) uncooked potato(es), yellow, peeled
- 3 medium uncooked shallot(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 3 Tbsp matzo meal
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Generously coat a 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray.
Using the large holes of a box grater, shred potatoes. Working by small handfuls, squeeze shredded potatoes over sink to get rid of any excess moisture; place in a large bowl. Stir in shallots, egg substitute, matzo meal, thyme, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
Evenly spoon mixture into prepared pan; lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven and coat with cooking spray again. Continue baking until browned and set, about 30 minutes more. Cool at least 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving. Yields 1 latke per serving.
- You can make these up to two days in advance. Just store them in the pan, covered, in the refrigerator and reheat in a preheated 375ºF oven for about 15 minutes.