- To make chermoula sauce, process cilantro, parsley, garlic, water, lemon juice, chile, cumin, paprika, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in food processor until almost smooth. Transfer half of sauce to large shallow dish, add fish, and turn to coat. Transfer remaining sauce to small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut 4 (12 x 16-inch) sheets of foil and 4 (12 x 16-inch) sheets parchment paper. Place 1 sheet parchment paper on each sheet of foil.
- Place lemon slices, zucchini, onion, and chickpeas in large bowl. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper and toss to mix. Divide mixture evenly among parchment paper sheets. Top each with 1 fish fillet. Crimp foil into packets, making tight seal.
- Place packets on large baking sheet and bake just until fillets are opaque in center, 20–25 minutes.
- Let packets stand 5 minutes, then open with care to avoid steam. Serve with remaining sauce and lemon wedges.
- Per serving (1 fish fillet, about 1 cup vegetable mixture, and scant 1 tablespoon sauce)
Lemon juice can react with aluminum, lending a metallic flavor to foods, so these foil packets are lined with parchment paper to prevent giving the dish an “off” flavor.