Avocado lobster roll
California (Hass) avocado
½ small, ripe but not mushy
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lime juice
Fat free skim milk
2 Tbsp, (if needed)
12 oz, (from about two 1 1/2 lb lobsters), cut into 1-inch chunks
2 rib(s), medium, cut in thin diagonal slices
1 Tbsp, snipped (plus extra for garnish)
Reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)
4 item(s), preferably top-sliced
3 medium, sliced paper thin (for garnish)
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges (for serving - optional)
- Combine avocado, mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, and salt in a mini-food processor; puree until smooth. Thin the mixture slightly, as needed, with fat-free milk so that it will coat salad ingredients smoothly.
- Combine avocado mixture with lobster meat, celery, and 1 Tbsp chives; stir with a rubber spatula to coat well.
- Toast rolls in a toaster without opening them (if they fit) or toast in oven.
- Divide lobster salad among warm rolls; sprinkle with remaining chives and radishes. Serve immediately with lime wedges, if using.
- Serving size: scant 1/2 cup lobster salad, 1 roll