Avocado Lobster Roll
You'll love the savory combination of lobster and avocado and wonder why you didn't put the two together sooner. The avocado mixture comes together in minutes thanks to using the food processor. Simply purée the avocado, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, fresh lime juice, and salt (or you can mash really well with a fork if you don't have a food processor). After loading the lobster meat and avocado mixture into perfectly toasted rolls, top with chopped chives and radishes for that final touch of crunch and color (feel free to omit the radishes if you don't like them). And if you don’t have lobster meat, swap in chopped cooked shrimp instead.
California (Hass) avocado
½ small, ripe but not mushy
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lime juice
Fat free skim milk
2 Tbsp, (if needed)
12 oz, (from about two 1 1/2 lb lobsters), cut into 1-inch chunks
2 rib(s), medium, cut in thin diagonal slices
1 Tbsp, snipped (plus extra for garnish)
Reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)
4 item(s), preferably top-sliced
3 medium, sliced paper thin (for garnish)
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges (for serving - optional)
- Combine avocado, mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, and salt in a mini-food processor; puree until smooth. Thin the mixture slightly, as needed, with fat-free milk so that it will coat salad ingredients smoothly.
- Combine avocado mixture with lobster meat, celery, and 1 Tbsp chives; stir with a rubber spatula to coat well.
- Toast rolls in a toaster without opening them (if they fit) or toast in oven.
- Divide lobster salad among warm rolls; sprinkle with remaining chives and radishes. Serve immediately with lime wedges, if using.
- Serving size: scant 1/2 cup lobster salad, 1 roll