Avocado, Grapefruit & Apple with Poppy Seed Dressing
1 - 2
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Creamy avocados add rich flavor to this simple, easy, colorful salad. When you're buying avocados, choose a fruit that yields to the touch for the perfect ripeness. You can speed up the ripening process by putting an avocado in a brown paper bag with a slice of bread. And to toast the pecans, place them in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, shaking the pan and stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Watch them carefully when toasting; pecans can burn quickly. Transfer the pecans to a plate to cool. A Miexcan pizza makes a wonderful match for this creamy, fruity salad.
Fat free mayonnaise
Fresh lime juice
½ item(s), medium, ripe
1 medium, red, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp, toasted
- Cut away the peel and all the yellow pith from the grapefruit. Hold the grapefruit over a bowl, then cut away the sections from the membranes, letting the sections and juice fall into the bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the juices to a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, poppy seeds, and salt to the grapefruit juice; mix well. With a slotted spoon remove the grapefruit from the remaining juice and add to the mayonnaise mixture (reserve the remaining grapefruit juice for another use).
- Peel and slice the avocado. Add the avocado and apple to the mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange the lettuce on 6 plates. Spoon the salad (about 1⁄2 cup) onto each plate. Sprinkle with the pecans and serve at once.
- Per serving: 2 lettuce leaves with 1⁄2 cup salad