Avocado Banana Bread
White whole wheat flour
2 cup(s), (9 ounces)
3 small, very ripe (13 oz unpeeled)
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
2 large egg(s)
1 item(s), medium, (6 oz), peeled and pitted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a fork, in a medium bowl, mash the bananas. (You should have 1 cup of mash.) Whisk in the yogurt, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a mini food processor, process the avocado until completely smooth, stopping often to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Whisk the avocado into the bananas. Add the banana mixture to the flour and stir until well combined. (The batter will be thick.) Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour, 5 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Serving size: 1/12 of loaf