Asian-Spiced Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitakes
- Total Time
This easy oven-to-table meal combines fresh veggies and salmon with a simple, yet savory, marinade.
low sodium soy sauce⅓ cup(s)
rice wine vinegar1 Tbsp
sesame oil1 Tbsp
minced garlic1 Tbsp
minced ginger1 Tbsp
sambal oelek½ tsp, (hot chili sauce)
uncooked farmed skinless salmon fillet(s)1 ½ pound(s), (four 6 oz pieces)
uncooked bok choy3 oz, about 4 baby bok choy, halved, rinsed
fresh shiitake mushroom8 oz, stemmed, halved
shredded red cabbage3 cup(s)
uncooked scallion(s)¼ cup(s), chopped
sesame seeds2 Tbsp, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, honey and hot chili sauce; add salmon and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line two baking pans with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray (or just coat pans with cooking spray).
- Place salmon on center of one prepared pan; reserve marinade.
- Add bok choy to marinade; toss to coat and place around salmon.
- Add mushrooms and cabbage to marinade; toss to coat and spread on second prepared baking pan.
- Place pan with salmon on top rack and place other pan on bottom rack; roast until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve garnished with scallions and sesame seeds. Yields 1 salmon fillet, 1 baby bok choy, 1/2 cup mushrooms/cabbage, 1 tablespoon scallions and 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds per serving.