Asian Mango-Cucumber Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- Total Time
Sweet meets heat in this lovely mango-cucumber salad.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
lime zest½ tsp
fresh lime juice2 Tbsp
rice vinegar½ Tbsp
fish sauce1 tsp
dark brown sugar1 tsp
Sriracha hot sauce½ tsp
uncooked red onion(s)1 small
cucumber(s)1 medium, cut crosswise in half
mango(es)1 large, ripe but firm, peeled, pitted, cut in matchsticks
fresh mint leaves⅓ cup(s), packed, thinly sliced
basil⅓ cup(s), packed, thinly sliced
dark sesame oil1 tsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked shrimp1 pound(s), extra-large, peeled, deveined
- Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Preheat to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and Sriracha.
- Cut onion crosswise in half; spiralize 1 piece with slicer blade (save remaining onion half for another use). Place onion in a strainer and rinse under cold running water; pat dry. Tear onion into 4-inch pieces; add to a large bowl.
- Spiralize cucumber halves with slicer blade; tear into 4-inch pieces. Add to large bowl with mango, mint and basil. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat.
- Combine sesame oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat. Grill shrimp until cooked through (opaque) and slightly firm, about 3 minutes per side; serve over salad.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 c salad and 5 shrimp