An Asian spin on a Weight Watchers favorite. Double the recipe and freeze it in 1 cup servings for a late afternoon snack or dinner-time starter.
- 2 cup(s) uncooked bok choy, chopped
- 2 cup(s) uncooked Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) ginger root, thinly sliced and julienned
- 4 small uncooked oyster mushroom(s), chopped
- 2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1 cup(s) canned water chestnut(s), sliced (8 oz can)
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cup(s) reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cup(s) snow peas, stringed
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, finely chopped
Put bok choy, Chinese cabbage, garlic, ginger root, mushrooms, scallions, water chestnuts, red pepper, red pepper flakes and broth into a large soup pot; stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes. Toss in snow peas during the last 3 to 4 minutes of simmering.
Stir in soy sauce and cilantro. Yields about 1 cup per serving.