- 2 cup(s) shredded red cabbage
- 2 cup(s) shredded carrot(s)
- 2 cup(s) edamame (shelled), cooked and cooled
- 1 large yellow pepper(s), seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 average serrano chile(s), seeded and minced (or less to taste)
- 8 oz canned water chestnut(s), rinsed, drained, thinly sliced
- 6 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) mint leaves, fresh, minced
- 5 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, edamame, both kinds of peppers, water chestnuts, scallions and mint.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, ginger and salt. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat; garnish with sesame seeds. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- To keep the vegetables crisp, dress the salad just before serving. To cut the spice, only use one serrano pepper or leave them out entirely. Look for preshredded cabbage and carrots in your produce section to speed prep time.Turn this into a vegetarian main meal by increasing the serving size and adding tofu or tempeh (could affect SmartPoints value).