Arugula, Peach and Goat Cheese Salad
- 3 medium peach(es), ripe but not mushy
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (plus extra for garnish - optional)
- 6 cup(s) arugula, baby variety
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup(s) salted dry-roasted pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- Peel and pit one peach; cut it into chunks. Cut remaining peaches into thin slices or wedges; set aside.
- Put peach chunks, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth and set aside.
- Place arugula, onion and peach slices in a large serving bowl; drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts; grind some extra black pepper over top, if desired. Yields about 2 cups salad mixture and 1 tablespoon each cheese and nuts per serving.
Use mango when peaches are not in season.