Apricot-balsamic glazed chicken breasts
This sweet and tangy glaze added to chicken breasts is a crowd-pleaser for all ages. The glaze can be made ahead for super-easy dinner prep; let it cool and keep it in the fridge for a few days. It comes together in just a few minutes and is made with melted butter, apricot jam, balsamic vinegar, fresh chopped rosemary, and a touch of red pepper flakes for some heat. You'll love this recipe as a simple, delicious entrée for two, but it scales up easily if you are feeding more than two people. Serve with some blanched or sautéed green veggies (like asparagus!) alongside to complete the meal.
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
¼ cup(s), all-fruit variety
½ tsp, fresh, chopped
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place breasts on lightly sprayed, foil lined baking sheet and bake in oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add jam, vinegar, rosemary, red pepper flakes and salt; stir to combine. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes for flavors to meld. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bake frozen breasts, about 25 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove cooked breasts from oven and brush both sides with glaze. Return glazed breasts to baking sheet and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to caramelize.
- Serve chicken breasts with additional glaze on the side or spooned on top. Yields 1 chicken breast per serving.